- Slice the idlis lengthwise, similar to a french fry but with a larger width.
- Sprinkle the cornflour over it and toss it for even mixing.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Once heated, add 4-5 pieces of sliced idlis. Don’t add too many pieces at a time or else it will cluster.
- Fry it in the medium flame until it gets crispier and turns golden brown.
- Fry for another 1-2 minutes on a high flame.
- Take out the fried idlis and place it over a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle the pav bhaji masala, chaat masala and salt over it.
- Place it beautifully on a plate and garnish it with the coriander leaves.
Your Mumbai style Idli fry is ready to eat with the favourite dips. Enjoy the crunchy stuff with the coconut chutney, sambar or mint chutney. Have them when you crave for something delicious and different. We are sure this idli fry recipe will make you return to us for more.