- The process of making idli masala dumplings usually begins with a regular idli batter. For this, you will need ready-made idli batter which is freshly prepared without any preservatives. ID Fresh Food has delicious and fresh idli batters in store for you. Now, add soda and salt as per your taste in the batter and mix it properly to remove any air bubbles.
- Now, you will need finely chopped carrots, green chillies, and coriander leaves for mixing with the idli batter. You can also consider using more vegetables as per your choice. Mix all these chopped vegetables in the idli batter along with fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Make sure to prepare a fine paste.
- You can either use a regular idli stand or a paniyaram to make idli masala dumplings. Now, grease the paniyaram with refined oil and put it on medium flame. Once it is hot enough, you can start filling the mould with the batter.
- Now, drizzle all the dumplings with drops of oil and then cover the lid. Let it cook for at least 3-4 minutes on a low-medium flame. Remove the lid, flip the dumplings, and then let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan that is deep enough for stir-frying the dumplings. Let the oil heat properly, and then add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute them till it fries completely. Now add dumplings in the pan along with chat masala and a pinch of salt. Leave the dumplings for 1-2 minutes in the pan.
Hot and delightful idli masala dumplings are ready with the enhanced taste of vegetables and authentic flavours of south Indian spices. This is the kind of dish that you can enjoy with multiple delicacies such as tomato salna, red tomato-onion chutney, and the famous south Indian coconut chutney.
Things to remember:
- Do not forget to wash the vegetables before chopping them. Also, you must make sure that your kitchen tools are properly clean. Any sort of impurity can ruin the entire taste of your idli masala dish.
- Even though you can use an idli batter mix from the market, but it will not taste as good as it should be. Therefore, preparing a fresh batch of idli batter at home is a better idea.