- In a pan or wok, heat up 1/4 th tablespoon of sunflower oil and add some sambar powder. For making the sambar powder, the ingredients needed are mentioned above.
- In the oil and sambar powder, add cut up shallots and chillies. Sauté till the colour of the shallots in the vessel turn golden-brown.
- After the colour of the shallots develop, add sliced tomatoes and cook for a minute or two.
- After the tomatoes are cooked well, add all the remaining veggies and sauté everything for two minutes.
- Start adding your herbs like turmeric, salt and jaggery to the mixture.
- Add tamarind extract and allow the contents to cook for nearly ten minutes. Do not forget to close the pan.
- After cooking for ten minutes, add boiled toor dal and water.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of sambar powder to the stew and boil the mixture well.
- Add curry leaves to finish and let it cook for two more minutes.
It is simple to make, scrumptious, and has rich nutritional value!
Sambar works well with different delicacies. It serves as a savoury with idlis, rava idlis, medu vadas, dosas etc. Easily make an idli sambar dinner with our ready-made idli batter. It also pairs up well with steamed rice since it is a lentils-based soup.