To make Idli:
- Take out the prepared idli batter.
- Check its consistency. Remember that it should be of pouring thick consistency for making idlis of right shape and size. You can add the required quantity of water while continuously mixing the batter to get the right thickness.
- Check the salt level of the batter and add the required quantity if needed.
- Heat the idli cooker. If you’re using a steamer, add some water in it and allow it to boil before adding the idli plates.
- Grease the pans of idli cooker.
- Transfer the idli into the idli pan.
- Give it time for 3-5 minutes and then let the idlis puff up.
To make Mini Masala Idli Tadka::
- Cut each idli into quarter pieces or small cubes or any size of your choice.
- Heat the pan by adding cooking oil.
- Let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add urad dal and wait for few a seconds.
- Add curry leaves and give it a toss.
- Add roughly chopped mini idlis. Let it fry on a medium flame for some minutes.
- Finally, chop cilantro leaves and add it into the mini idli pan.
- Toss for some more time, say 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, serve your dish.
Your mini masala idli tadka is ready. You can enjoy this dish with any chutney of your choice. You can have idli masala with coconut chutney, tomato chutney, or green chutney. If you are a coconut lover, you can also add small coconut chunks into this idli masala. Idli masala is also a highly customizable dish. You can add any masala of your choice.