- To start with, rinse the red gram dal/toor dal well.
- Next, take a pan and heat oil in it. Saute the toor dal on low to medium flame till you get a pleasant aroma or it is slightly brown.
- Now set the roasted dal in a plate aside.
- For the next step, add a tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Now, add cumin seeds and roast it for 20 seconds. Along with this, roast split gram dal for another two minutes.
- Now, add red chillies and roast them for half a minute or until it’s crisp. Keep the mixture aside from the pan and let it cool it down.
- Take a grinder jar and add the roasted ingredients, tamarind, garlic and salt in it.
- Grind the ingredients into a paste by mixing it with some water. Set it aside in a bowl.
- Now, it’s time for tempering. For this, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Then add mustard seeds and let them pop.
- Next, add curry leaves and sauté.
- Roast split black gram till brown and add salt to it. Turn off heat.
Add the tempering over the paste, and your Andhra style Kandi Pachadi is ready. Serve it with white rice, dosa, idli, uttapam, or any dish of your choice.
- After making it, you can store it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and consume it.
- If you want, you can also mix curd in it.
- To add flavour, you can also use little coriander leaves.
- If you are having Kandi Pachadi with rice, add a dash of ghee in it to enhance the taste of your meal.
Kandi Pachadi made from roasted dal is aromatic and very tasty. This quick and traditional Kandi-Pachadi is a must-try if you want to serve your guest something different.